“In doing something, do it with Love, or never do it at all”
– Mahatma Gandhi
M.H. (TITO) KHAN
“In spite of being in the forefront of the Luxury brands industry, I never lost touch with my first love, the natural outdoors. Whilst rafting downstream with my business partner, Manishankar, in search of the perfect location, we chanced upon this slice of heaven banked right along the curve of the river.
As we were losing natural light, we decided to camp overnight on the opposite bank and raft across in the morning. We did so the next day and as we climbed up through virgin greenery, we came upon an undulating platform overlooked by hills on the other side. It was clear to me then, that this is where we want to build our labor of love, in this scenic and peaceful location.
And thus, ‘Banyan by the Ganges” was born.
“Our love of travel has had us exploring the mountains since forever. We started taking note of things that we loved about each place, for a distant dream of someday building our own home in the hills, welcome to travelers like us.
A splendid Location, Peace and Serenity, far from the madding crowd were key factors. Combined with that was a clean, comfortable, functional & eco friendly stay which merged with the surrounding ambience. Last but not the least, was delicious, hygienically prepared food and warm, heartfelt hospitality with a smile.
Although we have done the best we could with initial limited resources, being an artist and a perfectionist, I would say that we have a lot more to give and are forever adding more from our ‘perfect getaway wish list.
“Quality is never an accident. It is always the result of an intelligent effort.”
– John Ruskin
Banyan by the Ganges is very conscious about maintaining the pristine nature surrounding it and the possible footprint that we may leave behind.
- In that context we try and follow a no plastic policy and that is one of the reasons we do not serve packaged water in plastic bottles at the resort.
- The water served is sourced from a natural Mountain spring and to be doubly sure about purity, we pass it through a UV and carbon filtration process and serve them in reusable glass bottles.
- The soaps provided are handmade soaps known for their crystal healing powers, made from natural ingredients and natural oils, devoid of soil leaching chemicals like Paraben and Sulphate and the proverbial plastic wrapping.
- As a further step towards protecting our rivers and seas from plastic waste, we do not use plastic liners for our bins and have provided Shampoo dispensers for our guests, therefore doing away with shockingly innumerable ‘disposable’ plastic containers.
- Any unavoidable non bio-degradable waste is segregated and sent to the closest recycling unit.
- We also try to stick to a ‘farm to table’ concept by sourcing our food products from nearby markets, avoiding processed foods and grow seasonal vegetables and herbs in our own natural organic kitchen garden.
- At least 500 plants and trees have been planted by us here and we encourage our guests too to plant a seedling as their contribution to the environment.
- Loud music and Noise pollution is strongly discouraged, in keeping with the peaceful ambience and preserving the quality and proximity of the natural wildlife surrounding the Resort.
- There is so much more to do on this front and we accept the challenge graciously.
We will continue to work diligently to be responsible towards protecting the gift that nature has provided us with.
Team Banyan by the Ganges
The People who make it happen
We Love to meet and pamper every new traveller to our retreat and cherish our repeat guests, who are akin to family. It is our honest endeavor to make sure that our guests leave with thrilling experiences and fond memories. The team at Banyan by the Ganges has been personally and rigorously trained to provide you with every comfort, with efficient and heartfelt hospitality.
We would like to introduce you to our team, without whom BBTG would not be what it is.
- Nikhil Sood is the Director of Sales at Banyan and has been in the Marketing and Hospitality industry for more than two decades. He enjoys the challenges of growing business and takes them up hands on.
- Our Resort Manager, Majid Rizvi is an old hand in the hospitality industry and leads the team on the property.
- Deepak Kumar (Deepu) is our Assistant Manager and a Senior River Guide. He is the essence of genuine hospitality with a smile.
- Naresh Chauhan is a River Guide and Safety Kayaker. Ever energetic, he handles our Outdoor recreational facilities.
- Suresh Kumar Zinta is a Rafting Guide, kayaker and Mountaineering Instructor.
- Chef Mukesh Bhandari and sous-chefs Mani Chauhan and Jeevan are the ones to compliment for their tireless efforts in cooking up delicious finger licking food.
- Housekeeping staff includes Mannu Devi and Harshmohan, conquering diligent hard work with their shy smiles.
- Service staff has Arjun and Ravinder running to and fro, catering to all of our guests’ needs.
- Other staff includes Alam Singh in-charge of the Front Desk, Sanjay, the Resort Driver, Manna, our kitchen help and Gajender, our gardener.
A few encouraging words from our guests!
Amazing place with amazing people and location, everything from booking to check out was unbelievably smooth for the group of 36 people. Their co-operation for everything was exemplary. My only regret was that I planned only 2 nights for the place. Food was fabulous…Kudos to the staff. And special thanks to Mr. Khan, the owner of the property and the team for such an excellent property and hospitality.
The USP of this property, besides its location, is its service! The whole staff is very courteous, warm, helpful and friendly. And this is true for all the staff we interacted with… We were the only couple in the resort on the day of check in, was an added bonus! Bonfire was also arranged for us and in all meals, buffet was arranged for just us 2 of us! In the past, I have been in similar situation at many resorts/ hotels where we have been only guests and services are usually compromised when we are alone, here there was no compromise on anything! Speaks of work ethics!
The best part I liked about the place was the amazing staff they have at the resort, everyone is so courteous and were ready to help us with all our requirements, right from guiding us on the route to reach the place, providing us milk for the kids, little medical help, kayaking, fishing, taking us to the river..So thank you Mr Khan and Deepak, Naresh at the resort…Kudos
manav_sh2001, New Delhi
Magical & Mystical Banyan by the Ganges!
Talking about the staff! They are all such charming, courteous and pleasing souls! Harish ji & Alam ji – Managers and Hosts! Their oh-just-keep-listening Mountain tales! Manu, Harsh & Deepak – so helpful, polite and always smiling Housekeeping staff! Chauhanji & Mukesh – Awesome Chefs! – They make sumptuous meals!
Trust me they all are such lovely bunch of people who radiate so much warmth and positivity!
Needless to say – the delicious authentic food, the cleanliness, the chic cottage rooms! Everything is just spot-on! These things look so minute to discuss – Everything here is just perfect!